 |
| Jodi Picoult |
The author of
My Sister's Keeper is 44 year old Jodi Picoult who was born in Nesconsent in Long Island, New York. She began writing when she was five years old, and eventually studied writing at Princeton and earned her master's degree in education at Harvard. She has won may awards for her writing like the New England Bookseller Award in 2003. We are beginning to read
My Sister's Keeper in class which is about 13 year old girl named Anna Fitzgerald suing her own parents for medical emancipation because was was being for to donate her kidney to save her sister Kate's life, who has
acute promyelocytic leukemia, cancer in the blood and bone marrow. Anna was born by her parents with a mixture of genes to make sure that she could be the perfect donor of blood cells, bone marrow, anything for Kate so she would live. In the novel, different perspectives are being told from every family member so you can really understand how everyone feels about what is happening to everyone in their family because of this conflict.
I have seen the movie for My Sister's Keeper, and it was a very good film! I know that books are usually better than the movie, so I am excited to read the book so I can see how I feel about it. I think that I am really going to enjoy this book because it seems like such an odd background story, but it really seems like it is going to change the lives of the Fitzgerald family, hopefully for the better. I am very excited to continue reading this book, since I am only a few chapters into it!
Works Cited:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jodi_Picoult
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/My_Sister's_Keeper
http://www.jodipicoult.com/images/photo-landscape.jpg
No comments:
Post a Comment