Monday, March 7, 2011

Into the Wild- My Symbolic Belt

Like Chris McCandless who made himself a leather belt and carved about twenty symbols into his belt describing his journey to that date. This belt showed the real him,who he truly was, and how he has changes throughout his journey. I am virtually creating my own belt with about eight symbols that best describe my life at this point. The symbols that I am deciding to use including the following: a lacrosse stick, M.R.H (my initials), plane for traveling, palm tree for the beach, pen because I love to write, tennis shoes because I love to be in shape and doing something, a cross for my grandfather who died, and finally a smiley face because no matter what I try to stay positive and happy. I think that those eight symbols best represent my life today and things that are very important to me in my life.
Plane for Traveling
http://123.242.178.167/buriram_eng/images/stories/travel_place/transport/cartoon-airplane.jpg

8 comments:

  1. I like the smiley face a lot a lot A LOT!!! It perfectly describes you because you really are a happy person and a smiley face on the belt would be so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked your ideas for your belt, but I think you could elaborate a little more on your symbols. Like, why do you love the beach, why do you like lacrosse, etc. But, overall I really liked it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved your ideas for your belt! We had some things in common. I really like Kelly's comment, and how she tries to take over everybody.. She's so nice!! Anyways, good job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh and will you like to join me at the next dance to spend an evening of laughter and fun in the john carroll gym? we'll buy matching outfits...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like how you used a colon; it shows how grammatic you are! You seem like a very interesting person. You could explain a little more about why you would choose these symbols!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE THIS! and i love the ideas, i dont agree with Kelly because she is a control freak. but anyways good job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Meredith,
    Great blogging for 3rd quarter. Your posts are all very interesting and include eye-catching images. You need to proofread your Belt blog for some typing errors. You will pick them out right away. I hope that you are enjoying the book!
    92/100 A

    ReplyDelete